"The trade of advertising is now so near to perfection, it is not easy to propose any improvements".
- Samuel Johnson (1759).

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I love ebay!!

So i needed to go shopping today, but im sick so i couldnt go!! But luckily for me there is this amazing thing called ebay!! So although i was sick, i was still able to get some shopping done right from the comfort of my own bed!!

I knew what i needed, looked them up and was offered a broad variety in style, quality and price. I bought the things i needed from Hong Kong and England. I got them at cheaper prices than i would have been able to find here, and the very best part is, i didnt even have to leave the house!!!

I think Ebay is one of the greatest things ever, ive bought a bunch of stuff through ebay such as my car and half of the furnishings in my home. Ive also been able to buy things that i havent been able to find in stores here. I've also sold a bunch of stuff that is useless to me and made some money while doing so!! I think ebay is amazing that it allows you to connect with a seller or buyer who could be on the other side of the world! Furthermore it allows ordinary people like you and i to become sellers of a product.

Honestly, where would be we with out ebay, i know i would personally be without a car and have a half empty house!

Oh Ebay how i love you!!

However, i am curious to see what similar concepts will exist in a few years time or how they could improve ebay even more.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever been scammed on eBay? It doesn't happen very often, and they have many ways to prevent unethical behaviour on their site. I believe that other online businesses should look to eBay as a benchmark for building trust amongst their customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent been scammed on Ebay, but my Mum has. She was kinda new to using ebay at the time. She bought some game thing for my little brother for christmas. Anyway the game never came and she tried to contact the seller, but they had deleted their ebay account, email account, everything. She couldn't contact them at all and they had her money. It was an expensive game too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of eBay and have been using it to buy and sell lots of things since I was 16 or 17 (obviously not within the rules in my earlier age!). I have been involved in hundreds of transactions on eBay and even had some difficult ones (returning faulty products, damaged items, etc) as the buyer and seller. I have never felt ripped off though, nor do I believe I have ripped anyone else off. The protection eBay has in place is fantastic. It is well thought through and if always evolving. That's what I like about it - it's always evolving quickly to catch up to the latest scams! But so often consumers ignore their recommendations and hand over money in ways that aren't protected.

    I think more store should offer their products on ebay. I would be really curious to see if even products like a bag of groceries could eventually be sold.I think it is yet to reach it's full capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel confident in using ebay that i wont get ripped off if i use it properly because as you said, Ebay has policies in place. I remember watching a segment on Today Tonight or A Current Affiar (cant tell the difference between the two) about people who were ripped off through using ebay and other sites such as car sales. I remember thinking how could they possibly get ripped off? However, as the story went on it turns out that the ppl were gulible. One lady for example wanted to purchase a camper van. She communicated with the seller via email and transfered the money for the camper van (her entire life savings) into the sellers account before receiving the camper van or even seeing it. Turns out it was a scam, and she never got her camper van or her money back. I think that was pretty silly on her part.

    When i purchased my car, i paid using a bank check which i gave the seller after i had expected the car and had the keys.

    If your smart about it and follow the recommendations i dont see why or how you could get ripped off.

    ReplyDelete